Thursday, June 15, 2006

Week off - part two



Spent another morning in the workshop today finishing off the brackets for the struts. All went quite well with one exception. I wanted to weld the round diagonal to the new bracket on the bench, rather then try to weld a difficult joint on the car. no matter how many times I tried, I couldn’t get even a decent tack though - I think it was an earth problem. In the end I gave up and tacked the bracket to the car and then the round tube to the bracket/car. They will be fully welded when the engine comes out prior to the floor going in. Then offered the wheel up to check clearance on my planned exhaust routing - which was fine. However, the rim of the wheel just fouls the spring seat of my new shocks - looks like a spacer will sort that though. Next up is to tack on the brackets for the lower arm.

No comments: