Monday, June 05, 2006

Rear mock up


It's been a quiet month - the aftermath of moving house with the inevitable trips to Ikea and subsequent domestic DIY have meant little progress. however, a trip to Wiltshire for a wedding and a visit to John afforded me the opportunity to collect my latest e bay acquisition on the way home - a pair of mini-struts, adjustable for rate and ride height. Although a little shorter than ideal, I will adapt the rear of the car accordingly - shouldn't be too much work and much easier than the Fiesta struts, and much cheaper than the alternatives. I have also been talking to Wunoff exhausts, top people who I won a silencer from in a competition. This is why I have mocked up the rear of the car, to ensure my prize will fit! Don't worry, the tape will be replaced with more permanent fixings and the silencer and pipe will be stainless! Although the rear of the car is pretty much as I envisaged it 8 years ago, a few lotus 340R influences have crept in, resulting in the removal of the panel upon which the lights and number plate were to be mounted. With a bit of luck the spacing should prevent Mr SVA and his radius tool from getting at too much of the rear! Let me know what you think!

No comments: