Wednesday, February 24, 2010

More floor and fuel!






Well, as promised, a CD with the photos of our weekends work arrived in the post today. I've also included a couple of shots taken before we stripped the car. Today I welded yesterdays work on the fuel tank. The weld on the first seam went really well until just over half way when it began to distort and pull apart. I stopped and re clamped it then tried again - pity because it was looking good until then! The result will hopefully hold fuel but if it doesn't, I'll try a tank sealant!!! I then cut a hole in the top and let in the mount for the fuel pump. This was (carefully!) cut from the top of the Fiesta tank. It welded quite nicely onto the tank - 2 bits were a bit awkward and had to be patched up. The photos look worse than the reality! More soon I hope!

No comments: