Thursday, January 07, 2010

Clutch!



Another snowy day, a little more progress. Today I continued with the clutch pedal. I am using the shaft from the original Rover pedal box and mounting a bespoke pedal onto it using nylon suspension bushes. I wanted to use a coiled spring as a return spring and spent a little time today making this arangement work. When I finally did, it projected above the bodywork so it had to be modified again! Once this was sorted, I spent ages making sure that the pedal was in the correct place before tacking it in. Finally, I made a beacket to hold the tunnel end of the throttle transverse bar (not shown on photos). The end result was very satisfying as it meant that I could sit in the car and operate all three pedals for the first time (the brake pedal looks a bit strange, it works well) I didn't make Brrrrmmm noises, honest!

No comments: