Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Front end



Got around to sorting out the front end today. First I spent some time repositioning the front tubes that had skewed - cutting them off and re-aligning them. It was only about 7mm but well worth the effort to get it all sorted. I then started tacking the front suspension brackets. I had some on but when I touched them, they fell off. I cleaned them up, made sure the metal was really clean and tried again, with the same result. Then I noticed that the welder had been knocked and the switch had gone from ‘A’ to ‘1’, meaning I was using minimum power! Changed settings - sorted. It took a long time to get the brackets on all square. By the end of the afternoon I had one side done and couldn’t resist gently putting it all together! Hopefully the other side should be much easier and be completed in the next day or so.

No comments: