Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New Year KISS

It has been a slow few weeks - partly due to 'Royal Visit' from mother-in-law and her mother over christmas, and partly due to Johns house move. However, spent last night in workshop and have finally (I hope) resolved the gearchange. Originally I had intended to use a combination of rods and cables, that I sourced frmo a Fiat Coupe a mate was scrapping. Wasted a couple of evenings trying to get it working nicely but I was never happy. Last night I tried again, but the new linkage I tried just pushed the selector into an arc of movement outside of the possible range, so in a fit of pique, I junked it all and reverted o the original plan of a simple rod, as per GTM coupes and the like. It seems to work! Forgot camera though! Sorry. Also, yesterday I ordered front shocks and springs from Protech - very nice, helpful people and thoroughly recommended! Hope everyone out there had a good Christmas, Happy New Year to you all and keep watching! Front end is next...

No comments: